Of small events and big emphasis
Our National day this sunday so, as we've all anticipated, our leaders hurried to wish all their best to the people. As usual, the politicians orchestrated a "thumbs up" well directed media circus for the millions, who can now buy themseves the porverbial bread. All around the nation, large podiums were raised, for the musicmen to sing and the ellected to go have their usual boring, snoring field day on the issue of the upmost importancy of the day our forfathers raised so we can now enjoy our freedom. The people was taken care of, so they won't suffer of starvation and, of course, since we already took our daily bread, the government treated everybody with generous portion of beens - wich seemed to become a national / festive meal - depending of wich angle you care to regarde it. This was probabily intended to give the common people at least one day per year when they can have a taste of what's it like up there in the stratosphere, where our nations "winners" lay their hats.
Regardless of that, what disturbed my peace was a question of another matter. So been - the fact that the "circus" had been placed this year right under my front window. Early in the morning, I was awaken by the amplitude of our "huge" manifestations, since the organising party felt that its grandore was given by the decibels number.
So, around 9 A.M., yours truly was brutally awaken from his shameless and unpatriothical sleep by the sorrow of the love for his country, so beautifully expressed by our beloved country singers. And in such due, they felt the urge to take the volume to the max, in order to bring back to life the generous croud of... 50 umbrellas! Well... at least that's what it looked in the blind shades of my window.
Just my bad luck to be such a stubbern s.o.b., in adittion of been so dorn tired to give a damn... I hanged on the baricades in such manner that now I can happily (and unpatriothically) report that I have conquered!!! The show ended before I woke up! Even so, they managed to disturbed the peace of my sleep a couple of times, wich you can imagine that put quite a sad smile on my face. That turned out to be decisive, since I've arrived at the conclusion - of course, after I managed to extract myself from under the sheets -, that what I've thought it was an end, actually turned out to be just the beginning of a small lunch break.
Finally, oughterly ennoied, I have decided to try to have some of my chores done. In order for you to understand my reasons, I have to mention that, unlike the vast majority of our fellow human beens, who see the week-end as an well deserved final to the usual monday to friday slavery, my sundays are ment to be just another dead end for my music magasine. So... I guess now you know how my end of the week looks alike...
Back to the subject. Eather I wanted or not, and allthow I had my radio turned on at maximum volume, I had the "pleasure" of enjoying the ouside celebrations. And it was so "lovely" to listen to a big-band that sounded infernally lame, to a musical University Choir that sang the "notorious" piece Laughs and a female singer who brought joy into my life by humming Jingle Bells Rock. Of course, it couldn't end untill the fat lady sang. In this case, a kindergarten choir of unnameless sort, beside all other kinds of joyous entertainment that slept through my mind. All supervised by an well known entertainer who I don't actually think missed an appearence at any musical contest or festival in this country for the last decades.
Finally, since I kept writing on this little piece of article for seven straight hours now, I am sorry to inform you that I'm not in the mood to keep on trying. My suffering ends here, but not before I lay my slightly late own wishes, my dearest fans, on our National day. Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home